Booking & Cancellations
- Booking confirmation rules: You can either book with us by making the entire payment upfront or pay as per the below mentioned time slabs. Please note that we’d recommend that you do not miss these payment time slabs so we can confirm your commitment to the trip. We may accommodate other willing clients if the below mentioned payment deadlines are not met.
- Over 90 days before departure: Booking confirmation of 10% of the total quoted price
- 89-60 days before departure: 50% of the total price
- 59-30 days before departure: 100% payment
- Refund Rules: In event of a cancelation, you can avail refund. The refund rules are as follows:
- 90 days or more prior to departure: 90% refund
- 89-60 days prior to departure: 75% refund
- 59-30 days prior to departure: 25 % refund
- Less than 15 days before departure: No refund
- Should the Client fail to join a trip, or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason more than 45 days prior to the departure date. In this case the Client will be refunded any money they have paid to the Company and that will be the extent of the Company’s liability.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip for reasons of Force Majeure less than 45 days prior to the departure date. In this case the Client will be refunded any money they have paid to the Company, less reasonable expenses the Company has incurred, and that will be the extent of the Company’s liability.
- Some of our trips require a minimum number of Clients in order for it to run. If this number is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip. The Company will endeavour to cancel this trip more than 45 days prior to the departure date unless it is necessitated by the late cancellation of other passengers on the trip, in which case it will be cancelled less than 45 (forty five) days prior to the departure date. In each case, the Client will be refunded any money they have paid to the Company and that will be the extent of the Company’s liability.
- Should the Client fail to pay the balance of the trip price in the due time, the Company will cancel the booking and no money will be refunded.
- The Cancellation Fees detailed above are only in relation to the trip price and do not include any extra services booked like airport transfers and accommodation. These cancellation fees may be as high as 100% and the Client is still liable for their payment.
- The Company reserves the right to change their rates at any time prior to the contract being entered into. In the event that these rates are altered, the Client will be advised at the time of booking.
- The Company endeavours not to increase the cost of the trip once the contract has been entered into. However, the cost to run a trip is calculated up to 18 (eighteen) months in advance and increases in running the trip like, but not exclusively, transportation costs, accommodation costs and fluctuations in the exchange rates, may make an increase unavoidable.
- Should a surcharge be payable, the Company will immediately notify the Client of such.
- The Company will not add a surcharge to a trip less than 30 (Thirty) days prior to a trip’s departure.
- The Company will not impose a surcharge of more than 15% (fifteen percent) of the original Trip Price.
- Should a surcharge be payable, the Client must pay said surcharge prior to joining the trip.
- Different sales prices are calculated in various currencies in advance of printing the sales brochure. Due to fluctuations, prices in various currencies may vary as a result. The Company, and it’s representatives will not be held liable to refund based on these variances, and the Client will be responsible for settling all outstanding amounts owed in the currency based on their booking origin, or that of their agent.
- The documentation, for e.g. Brochures, Website, Trip Dossiers etc, provided by the Company is put out in good faith as statements of intent only and changes to the itinerary, vehicle and equipment use, etc. may be made where deemed necessary by the Company.
- Any additional expenses, incurred through deviations to the itineraries because of Force Majeure or reasons considered advisable by the Company will be for the Client’s account.
- The Client accepts that Force Majeure may preclude the Company from providing services or following the itinerary as detailed in the trip dossier/itinerary.
- The Company will not refund any money paid for unused services which are included in the trip price.
- The Company reserves the right to make changes to the trip any time prior to entering the contract. In the event of any aspect of the trip being altered, the Client will be advised at the time of booking.
- The Company endeavours not to make changes to the trip once the contract has been entered into. However, because of the unpredictability of travel in many of the areas visited, changes prior to a trip’s departure may be unavoidable. Where this alteration is significant (i.e. where a major deviation to the itinerary is made) the Company undertakes to inform the Client as soon as possible.
- Due to the nature of the areas that we travel through changes can occur after a trip’s departure, over which the Company has no control. The Company will make alternative arrangements such as, but not limited to, changing the mode of transport and/or the itinerary in the case of Force Majeure, acts of nature, natural calamity, breakdowns, accidents, sickness, etc. The Company cannot be held responsible for compensation or additional expenses incurred due to any such change and they will have to be borne by the Client.
- If the Client has a complaint about the trip, such complaint must immediately be raised with the guide or the Company’s office so that, if possible, a solution can be found.
- Failing resolution, the Client must make any complaint in writing within 28 days of the trip’s finish date.
- The Company will not be held liable for the loss of enjoyment due to unfulfilled expectations. Due to the nature of adventure group travel; each trip is unique and reliant on client interaction and participation.
- All information in documentation provided by the Company (e.g. Trip Dossiers/Itinerary, Brochure, Website, etc.) has been set out with reasonable care and is published in good faith. Where the Company is acting as an agent on the Client’s behalf (e.g. when booking facilities/services used before, during the course of or after the trip), it does so on the explicit condition that it cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage, injury, additional expenses or breaches of contract resulting directly or indirectly from the actions or omissions of the suppliers or independent parties with whom these arrangements have been made.
- The Company cannot be held responsible:
- If there has been no fault on the part of the Company or its suppliers and the cause was the Client’s fault or the fault of someone not associated with the trip whose actions were not foreseeable.
- If caused due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond the Company’s or its suppliers control, the results of which were unavoidable even though every caution was taken.
- If the cause is the fault of the Client having taken part in any activity or optional activity which does not form part of the original trip arrangements, even though they may be supervised, arranged or recommended by the Company or its representatives.
- Where a disease or illness is contracted during or after the trip. Should the Client need to leave the trip because of such, no refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred for the treatment and of having to leave the trip.
- For any information or advice provided by a travel agent unless such information has been provided to the travel agent by the Company. In the case of such information and advice not having been provided by the Company, the responsibility must lie with the travel agent.
- For a travel agent not providing or providing incorrect advice, information or documents, which the Company has given to the travel agent, or in the case of negligence by the travel agent.
- Where the Company has provided advice and information on travel documents, visas, climate, spending money, clothing, equipment, etc. This advice and information has been set out with reasonable care and is published in good faith, but without responsibility on the part of the Company.
- For any advice or information provided by the Company’s crew. This advice and information has been given in good faith, but without responsibility on the part of the Company.
- For any Client’s luggage or personal effects.
- The Company, its employees and agents cannot be held responsible for expenses, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment or anything else caused by the Client’s non-compliance with any of responsibilities listed below.
- The nature of the Company’s trips may involve an element of personal risk and potential hazard not normally associated with holiday tours. The Client must accept these risks and hazards.
- The Client must accept that safety standards of suppliers of accommodation, local transport and other operators in most of the countries visited will not be of the same standard as in their home country.
- The Client must make themselves aware through the various government agency warnings and advisories (e.g. British Foreign & Commonwealth Office, US Department of State) with regard to the safety of countries and areas through which they’ll be travelling and to make their own decisions accordingly.
- The Client must arrange suitable adventure travel insurance with benefits that cover personal accident, medical expenses including repatriation and loss and damage to personal effects. It is suggested insurance is also taken out to cover any expenses related to the cancellation or curtailment of any trip. Should the Client not have adequate travel insurance, they may not be allowed to join the trip.
- The Client is to get professional medical advice before travelling and to take all necessary health precautions and preventative measures.
- The Client is responsible for informing the Company, at the time of booking, of any known disabilities or medical conditions, or, if not known at the time of booking, as soon they become known. Any Client found to have failed to disclose this information, may be directed to leave the trip. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Company’s crew have authority to make difficult decisions. Should the Client present a medical condition, the crew may insist they seek medical advice. If the Client refuses to act upon this advice, thereby putting the other members of the trip in danger or at risk, the Client may be asked to leave the trip. This includes physical, mental and behavioural conditions. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Client must check the documents issued for trips and services booked through the Company and should there be any mistakes, immediately notify the Company of such.
- The Client must adhere to the trip joining instructions given to them.
- The Client must comply with all current passport, visa and health requirements needed for each of the countries the trips travel through.
- The Client must abide by the laws and customs of the countries visited. The Company has absolute discretion to direct the Client to leave the trip if they disobey such laws and customs. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Client must not put the welfare of the group, individual member, members or themselves in jeopardy. The Company has absolute discretion to direct the Client to leave the trip if this is found to be the case. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Client must reimburse the Company for any expenses incurred on behalf of the Client.
- The Client must be aware that the Company’s crew, agents and representatives may take photographs and film footage throughout the trip. The Company reserves the right to use such media for marketing purposes without obtaining consent from the Client. The Company also reserves the right to use any Client comments, either verbal or written, for marketing purposes without obtaining consent from the Client.