Tethys Himalayan Adventure - Sach Pass, Kang La
Cycle Sach Pass, Trek Kang La
We start by taking you out of the sweltering plains of India and as we gather at the Tibetian town of Macleod Ganj. From here, we’ll have a few up and down days of cycling as we make our way to Chamba Valley from where our approach to the 4550-meter high Sach Pass begins. Sach Pass may not be as high and mighty as some of the other high passes on the roads in the Indian Himalayas but, it sure is right up there with the toughest when it comes to the challenge of cycling over it. It has quickly gained popularity and become popular among adventure enthusiasts and thrill seekers as a newer challenge available in the Indian Himalayan roads. The terrain gets rougher and rockier as we move to the pass.
Following a couple of days including a camping night to rest at Khanjar before the trek, we will finally begin our 7-day trek to Padum. The landscape changes and gets more arid as we move away from the Miyar valley to the glacier and eventually to Padum. With a long glacier crossing that even involves camping on it, it’s an experience like none other. Meadows, river crossings, moraine, glaciers, it’s all there in this challenging and exciting trek. Our trekking staff of guides, Cooks, porters and helpers will accompany the group.
While before the trek you cross the green Kangra, Chamba and Pangi valleys, during and after the trek you get to experience Miyar and Zanskar. Each of these regions is distinct from each other and all of this is packed into a single and slow Himalayan adventure. The morning after the trek ends, we’ll take you to Leh with an overnight stop at Kargil and lots of sightseeing on the way.
Sign up for this for a real feeling of accomplishment and a Complete Himalayan experience!
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary.
- Drinking water throughout the trip.
- Beverages and snacks.
- Refreshments, hydration and lunches during cycling.
- Camping gear and equipment (Group and personal).
- Technical back up and support for cycling.
- Cycle rental.
- Porters/Mules to carry ration, equipment, gear & personal luggage on trek.
- Experienced English-speaking guide.
- First aid including oxygen cylinders.
- All transfers from Shimla to Leh.
- Travel and accident insurance.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Any extra snacks and beverages.
- Lunches during road/highway journeys on non-cycling days.
- Additional customisations or excursions outside the itinerary.
- Packaged drinking water – option available only for the non-trekking part of the itinerary.